CALL TO ARTISTS / PROSPECTUS
Quilts in the Forest 2020 – Winds of Change
Traditional, Contemporary and Innovative Quilts
at Volcano Art Center Niaulani Campus
July 17 – August 8, 2020
- Each entrant can submit up to 3 pieces of work. The show committee has the discretion of choosing work subject to space available.
- Each piece can be no larger than 85″ wide x 105″ tall (Queen size).
- Entry must consist of at least 3 layers, held together by some form of stitching, by hand or machine.
- Quilts must have a 4” hanging sleeve, attached to the top. Quilts without sleeves will not be accepted without prior arrangements with the show committee.
- The value must be listed for all quilts, for sale or not.
- Entries must remain on display for the duration of the show whether sold or not.
- There will be an artist/ VAC split of 70/30 (75/25 for VAC members) on all sales.
- Quilts made from kits will not be accepted.
- Applications must be received by May 29, 2020 at 5 pm. You can register online, at Volcano Art Center Niaulani Campus in Volcano Village or via mail, Volcano Art Center, PO Box 129, Volcano, HI 96785. Registration forms are available online.
- A non-refundable entry fee must accompany each application : $25 for one entry, $40 for two and $50 for three entries. Pay by check, payable to Volcano Art Center, cash or credit card after submitting your online application.
- Submit one overall image and one detail image for each piece of work.
- Notice of acceptance via email by June 19, 2020.
All accepted entries must be delivered on or by July 13, 2020, either in person or by carrier. VAC reserves the right to omit from the exhibition accepted quilts that differ dramatically from what is represented by the photo submitted.
All entrants will be asked to sit the show for at least one 3-hour shift during show-time.
May 29, 2020 Application deadline
June 19, 2020 Notice of acceptance
July 13, 2020 10AM – 2PM Submission of work at Hale Ho`omana, VAC’s Niaulani
Campus in Volcano Village, or via mail by July 12, 2020
July 17, 2020 5-7PM Opening reception
July 17 – August 08, 2020 Exhibition open, Tues-Sat, 10AM – 4PM
August 08, 2020 Exhibition closes
August 10, 2020 10AM – 2PM Pick-up of work at Hale Ho`omana or pre-arrange shipping
at quilter’s expense
Contact Volcano Art Center Coordinator: Fia Mattice, 967-8222 , email@example.com