We are ecstatic to announce that on Monday, June 1st at 10am, Volcano Art Center’s Niaulani Campus in Volcano Village will reopen to the public! Our Gallery location in Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park reopens on Wednesday, June 17 at 9am. As the State of Hawaiʻi slowly reopens for business, VAC is getting ready to welcome you back with a few updates!
We’re pleased to announce that Volcano Art Center Gallery in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park officially reopens with reduced operating hours on Wednesday, June 17 at 9am under CDC guidelines and social distancing protocol. VAC Gallery will be open Wednesday – Sunday from 9am – 5pm (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays).
The Niaulani Gallery in Volcano Village remains open Monday – Friday from 10am – 4pm.
NEW! Book a virtual shopping appointment at VAC Gallery in Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park or Niaulani Gallery in Volcano Village. Video chat via Skype or FaceTime with a VAC associate and browse our selection of artwork up close. Receive personalized tips and recommendations to help you find that perfect piece of locally made artwork, wherever you are in the world! You can book an appointment online for $5 and our staff will contact you to schedule a date and time. Book a virtual shopping appointment here!
Remember that you can always shop our online gallery 24/7. We are continuing to ship orders as regularly scheduled and FREE Local Pickup is available.
In the meantime, while we prepare for reopening, have you visited our newly launched Virtual Classroom, which features over 90 videos for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home? We invite you to view the virtual classroom here!
We would like to express our sincerest gratitude to the Volcano Art Center ‘Ohana who have contributed donations, made purchases, took online courses, and offered support in so many ways these last few months. We are so appreciative and can’t tell you enough how uplifting it is to hear from you while being confronted with the harsh realities of canceled contracts and budget cuts that VAC faces today. Your contributions provide us the needed hope in restructuring our creative community. As we softly reopen, VAC continues to place the safety and health of our associates, artists, members, and customers first and want you to know that we are doing all we can to make sure everyone feels comfortable. We outline this below.
VAC Guidelines to Help Keep You Safe & Healthy
- All visitors must wear a CDC recommended face covering to enter VAC Gallery in HVNP & Niaulani Gallery & classroom spaces
- Please do not visit if you have a cough, fever or do not feel well
- Maintain a six-foot distance from one another at all times — at times, we may ask you to wait outside the Galleries to allow for social distancing inside
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitizer we provide at the entrance
- Class participants are required to use the sanitizing supplies provided to clean areas after use
- Social distancing floor markers and acrylic screens will be at the checkout registers
- Associates will be cleaning high touch areas frequently throughout the day including the checkout register areas
- We will continue our pick up service for local residents allowing you to order online, by phone, or email, should you prefer to continue doing so
- All classes will require pre-registration and will have a 10 person maximum
Ways to Shop Volcano Art Center
- Online Shop our online gallery 24/7. Orders are shipping as usual and free local pickup is available.
- In-person at Niaulani Open Monday – Friday from 10am – 4pm. The Nature Trail & Sculpture Garden will be open from 10am – 4pm daily during daylight hours.
- In-person at VAC Gallery in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park Reopening Wednesday, June 17 at 9am. Hours are Wednesday – Sunday from 9am – 5pm, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Book a virtual shopping appointment Can’t make it in person? Volcano Art Center Gallery in HVNP is also open virtually via Skype or FaceTime by appointment.
We look forward to seeing you all again!