The Volcano Art Center has an ongoing commitment to bring musical talent to the Big Island of Hawai‘i and to the area of Volcano Village. Most concerts listed on the calendar have ticket prices starting at $20 for VAC members and $25 for non-members. Wine, beer, pupus and snacks are available for purchase at most of our events!
Jazz in the Forest Christmas Special Concert: Saturday, December 8, 2018 | 5:30pm
Jazz in the Forest returns for a Christmas special concert at 5:30pm on Saturday, December 8, 2018 featuring Jean Pierre Thoma and the Jazztones with Jeannine Guillory, playing Christmas favorites and original compositions!
Tickets are available for sale online, at VAC’s Administration Office in Volcano Village and at VAC Gallery in Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. The last day to purchase tickets online for a particular event is the Friday before the event up until the close of business, 5pm. After that, tickets will be sold at VAC Gallery & at the door if they are not sold out. Tickets will be held at Will Call on the day of the show. OR, you may pick them up any day before the show at Volcano Art Center’s Ni‘aulani Campus Administrative Office, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Sounds at the Summit featuring Maggie Herron and Paul Lindberg: January 13, 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring A Tribute to Miles Davis: February 23, 2019
- Sounds at the Summit featuring Rebecca Folsom: March 16, 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring Jazz Goes to the Movies: April 13, 2019
- Sounds at the Summit featuring the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo Jazz Band Cinco de Mayo Special: May 5, 2019
- Sounds at the Summit Mother’s Day Chamber Music Concert: May 12, 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring Binti Bailey and Larry Seyer: June 8, 2019
- TBD: July 8, 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring a Samba Trip to Brazil: August 10, 2019
- TBD: September 14, 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring Harvest Jazz (costumes optional): October 12, 2019
- TBD: November 2019
- Jazz in the Forest featuring A Salute to the USA – Swinging Jazz from the 1940s: December 7, 2019
Jazz In The Forest
Jazz concerts occur every month on the second Saturday of every month with matinee and evening performances highlighting local artists from the state of Hawai‘i.
Sounds at the Summit
These concerts give a platform to artists of all genres from all over the world.
Detrich Varez Hall seats up to 80 seated persons and is surrounded by the Volcano Art Center’s native Hawaiian rainforest. The venue is equipped with acoustic treatments an 1080p cinema projector with a Sony powerd surround sound system complete with a 16ft projection screen. Our concerts take place at The Volcano Art Center’s Ni‘aulani Campus in Volcano Village at 19-4074 Old Volcano Rd! Call us for more infomation at (808) 967-8222.
This calendar features dates, times and musical acts that are subject to change. For weekly updates and reminders please sign up for our Movie & Entertainment email updates from The Volcano Art Center on our website!